Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween For Americans Not For Saudi Stusents

Some people celebrate in Halloween holidays but others do not. In Saudi Arabia we only have two holidays. The first one is al-feter holiday and another one is al-hajj holiday. Both of them are about the happiness. We don’t celebrate in respect of dead people because the celebrations in respect of dead people are forbidden in Islam. We celebrate in al-feter holiday and al-hajj holiday after we finish with our worships in special times in the years. I used to work during these two holidays when I was in Saudi Arabia because their times are the best times in the year for my family trade. The people in Saudi Arabia including my fimily members always have fun in these holidays. They invite each others, eat special food, and prepare special cookies. Halloween is a good holiday for American trade because it refreshes the demands on some products. I have never celebrated in any Halloween holiday, and I will not. Because I think dressing up in costumes is silly and some of my American friends think that, too. I don’t believe in ghost and I think the respect of dead people in the people hearts not by the celebrations. I am not a religious person but I don’t celebrate in Halloween holyday.Although Halloween Is a big holiday In Amirica, the SaudI students who study in U.S do not celebrate it.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I don't celebrate it either. I don't agree with how it started.
Why are holidays respecting the dead forbidden in Islam?