Sunday, November 30, 2008

Indirect Saying

In my country we have a lot of sayings that the people use in their live to tell their opinion in something or to give advice in an indirect way. My father always use two of my country old people saying. The first saying is," the door of the cabinetmaker is broken. The people use this saying to advice or aware others who works in certain industry to let them pay attention of their broking stuffs. For example, if the person is a mechanic, and he has a broken car, his friends or family will tell him this saying to aware him because he is a mechanic and he know how to fix cars. Therefore, he is supposed to fix his car as soon as possible.The second saying is, "nothing can scratch your skin like your nail. This saying means that nobody can do the work that you are responsible to do better than you. The people use this saying to advice the person to do his work by himself and don’t rely on other people. Sometime the person who is responsible to do the work tell this saying to others who he or she asked them to do something and they did it in wrong way, Or they didn’t do it completely.In Saudi Arabia hearing indirect saying is bart of our life. my father always use these two saying. there fore when I here anyone say anyone of these saying that remind me in my father.

No comments: